Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kaya came today...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    The Kaya that I ordered arrived today. I had saw her a couple weeks ago for the first time in AGPNY and I fell in love with her. I ordered her last week along with her deerskin oufit and a few accessories (they didn't come yet). Kaya came today and i am so dissapointed to say that I don't love her. There's nothing wrong with her. But I just don't feel like there's a connection. I am thinking about returning her, but I don't want to have to pay for shipping. I would also have to return her other things that are on their way. I don't know what I should do. I don't even know what to do with her. It's not like she has any outfits (except the one that's coming) for me to change her into or to play with her hair (I'm afraid to take them out of the braids). What should I do? Has anybody else felt like this? I'm so disappointed.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    how terrible [img]frown.gif[/img] Maybe you should wait a bit and see if you bond and then return her. I fell in love with my Kaya the second I opened the box lid. She doesn't have much to play with but what she has is really nice. She had a good time today changing into her new dress and eating her food. Maybe you need her food? It makes her more "playable"!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MorknMindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2005
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not sure about Kaya. She is a pretty doll. I need to read her books to decide if she's a doll I would ever want.

    My daughter wants Kaya but only so that she can change her name to Singing Bird (the Native American girl in Kirsten's books).

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My 11yo DD has Kaya. It is difficult for her to dress her and fix her hair "just right" so she frequently asks for help. I enjoy getting all of the pieces of her outfits on her and working with her hair. And I did not read her books for a long time because I didn't think I would be interested. But they are really wonderful! Kaya is thoughtful, helpful, she just stole my heart.

    I recommend reading her books (if you haven't already) before you send her back. Her stories are such a part of her, I don't think I would love her as much without having read her books.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I enjoy Kaya more than my daughters. I just love her books! I don't know if I would have bonded with her (and that Mona Lisa like expression!) unless I had read her books.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This post makes me feel better because when my Kaya came (I ordered her as soon as she was released, so mine has none of the pretty facial coloring the current ones do), I felt exactly the same way. I think it's because she doesn't smile. It's like she's very distant and doesn't want to interact. I kept her because I wanted Pleasant Co. to make a Native American doll for so many years that I couldn't give up on her. But I still have no special feeling for her. She's one of the unknown "back benchers" in my collection. I don't think she'll ever get to be someone I would choose to take out and play with just for herself. She's been boxed for years and only comes out when the Indians are having a powwow. I don't know what to tell you about whether you should keep her or not. And I love her stories -- I think the Kaya books are the best series AG has produced -- but the doll doesn't connect with those books or with me.

  7. #7
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I gave Kaya to DD the Christmas after she was released. Niether one of us could connect with her. We just really did not like her.

    We sold her to a friend....so I knwo how you feel. You just might have to swallow the shipping, and return her.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Don't send her back!! She's wonderful when you get to know her! Kaya was my first AG in years, and was a gift, so I feel strongly attached to her. If you have issues with her clothes, I'll tell you right here, she is GORGEOUS in Josfina's clothes. I know they aren't accurate, but they really complement her coloring. I've always felt like Kaya was very quiet, especially when bonding with her. I think you'll like her more if you just spend some more one-on-one time with her. Just give it a little time. I think you'll come to love her.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Listen, I saved and saved for Felicity, and I was so excited to get her. But when I finally did, and I opened the box, I just didn't like her! I didn't know why, and I couldn't explain it- there was just no feeling.
    I kept her for a couple weeks, trying to like her, but I just never could.
    So I finally sent her back and ordered Felicity again. The second one that came was just like the first, no real difference, and yet for some reason when I got her out I just felt a bond and liked her right away.
    I can't explain it because there was no difference, and yet the seocnd one was just made for me I guess.
    Maybe you need to exchange for another Kaya, the second one might get you. It's not the doll in general, maybe it's just that particular one. If you exchange for another, it might click with you more. I don't know why, but that's what happened with my Felicity. For soem reason the first one just seemed empty and not for me, and the second one came right out of her box with a personality and warmth.
    You can keep this one and see if you bond with her, but don't keep her so long that you can't send her back if you want to.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I read Kaya's books and I loved them. I'm really looking forward to reading the new mystery book.

    I'm going to keep Kaya for a little while and see if I like her more. I'm getting her deerskin dress with accessories. Maybe I'll like them more. How long do you have to return a doll? Maybe I could keep her and sell her on ebay. New dolls are going for about the same price as AG sells them. Maybe I wouldn't even lose any money. What do you think?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •